From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] L4 added to ISOGG
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:22:39 -0800

Dear All,
Sam Vass graciously shared some additional L4+ haplotypes with me
earlier today. He has 7 haplotypes that are confirmed to be L4+ at this
point in time. Of the 3 haplotypes not included in the FTDNA U152 project
at
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/R1b-U152/default.aspx?section=yresults,
one is another Blankfeld and closely matches the Blankfeld in the FTDNA U152
project. The other two haplotypes have DYS 426=13, DYS 439=11 and DYS
392=15 and these haplotypes appear to be in the same cluster that the Hirsch
Hermelin haplotype (Kit 155510) that is found in the FTDNA U152 project is
in.
I ran an intraclade coalescence age estimate for the 4 12-marker
haplotypes from this group of 7 haplotypes that were not identical. The
result I got was 2094 years.
I also ran an interclade TMRCA estimate comparing the 12-marker
haplotype for the descendent of Hirsh Blankfeld with the other 3 haplotypes
mentioned in the above paragraph. The result I got was 5064 years. I also
ran an interclade TMRCA comparing the 12-marker haplotype for a haplotype
with DYS 390=23 and DYS 391=10 with the other 3 above. The result I got was
3190 years.
I also ran an interclade TMRCA estimate comparing 3 67-marker
haplotypes in one cluster (from people with the surnames Blankfeld,
Broniatowski, and Tesler in the FTDNA U152 project) with 2 67-marker
haplotypes from the second cluster (with DYS 426=13, DY S439=11 and DYS
392=15, but not yet SNP tested for L4). Below are the results:

10 slow markers: 27309
10 slow medium markers:3270
10 medium markers: 0
10 medium fast markers: 1448
10 fast markers: 1629
50 markers:1931
10 YHRD markers using YHRD mutation rates: 1623
24 slow markers: 6059

Of the above estimates, the 50 marker result using a total of 5
67-marker haplotypes is probably the most accurate. We need more L4+
haplotypes, but it would appear that L4 is at least 1600 years old.

Sincerely,
Tim Janzen

This thread: