From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Fw: Lost Jewish tribe 'found in Zimbabwe'
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 19:15:56 -0500

As I said, the DNA work is very old (pre-2000) and thus predates the
modern haplogroup nomenclature - and even predates the SNPs. But the
paper is free, and has STR haplotypes.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=128811

The markers tested (including the STRs) point to a significant portion
of the Lemba being CMH (so, probably, J1).

Interestingly, two of the Lemba men closely matched R1b1b2 men in the
ht35 project.

VV