From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Lost Jewish tribe 'found in Zimbabwe'
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:07:20 -0500

I'm tempted to overlook this statement, since I don't want to seem
like I'm picking on someone who lacks fluency in English.

But, "origin story" does have a particular meaning in English. And
the Lemba "origin story" was that their tribe descends from a group of
Jewish men from Yemen.

VV

On Mar 7, 2010, at 6:09 PM, Anatole Klyosov wrote:

> Sure, a small group of Jewish men found their way some 625 years ago
> and
> contacted the Lemba. However, it is not the Lemba "original story".
> Neither
> it is a story that Mr. Tudor Parfitt from the University of London
> has been
> telling for the last 12 years or so.

This thread: