Subject: Re: [DNA] Danish "homeland" of Viking Era emigrants to
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:54:16 +0000 (UTC)

>From: peter spencer < >
>DAVID... since you have already published long articles pronouncing yourself
not just as a Dane, but specifically as a TRIBAL CIMBRI descendant-

http://www.google.com/search? client=opera&rls=en&q=david+ faux+cimbri&sourceid=opera&ie= utf-8&oe=utf-8

>its frankly a little late to offer up 'evidence' to support aearlier theory
of yours, that was offered with this type of very long-winded but short on
fact tactic.
>No offense sir, but nothing you say on this subject is credible absent very
solid and irrefutable fact as you have a history of arranging certain
anecdotal or totally presumptive assertions to support your own ancestral
ambitions.

My response:

Leaving name-calling aside, I have to partially agree with the main point, which is of a "short of fact" thing.

"Partially", because this "short of fact" thing is not all. In fact, it is very difficult to present "facts" in that area of historical conjectures. It is always a matter of interpretations of what we look at. And in this regard the situation with "Cimbri as R-U152 is even worse.  One cannot took as a base for interpretation just a percentage of haplotypes. Otherwise the native Americans would be classified as R1b1b2 (possibly).

In order to lay a proper foundation under the Cimbri origin, one has to consider - at least - dating of haplotypes in question, that is to consider their TMRCAs. It is not necessarily should be the 1-2 centuries BC, but it should be in some agreement with the date. Then, it should explain where the Cimbri came from, since it is still a mystery. By "explain", the original haplotypes of their homeland should be identified, and a connection should be clearly shown between the haplotypes in question and the "original" haplotypes in wherever the Cimbri came from.

Indeed, all of it is lacking in DF considerations.

Therefore, I wish him good luck in reconsidering his conjectures. From what I know about the Cimbri, his conjectures are unfounded indeed.

Regards,

Anatole Klyosov

This thread: