From: Nelda Percival <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Great Migration Project
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:20:36 -0600

Tom,
You said something about look ups:
Might these people be listed..

First, I'm doing a full one name study on Gilpin, but find it curious that Anothy Gilpin is in my Lewis ancestor's house!

1. Anthony Gilpin was born Before 1655 and died 1655 in Barnstable, Barnstable Co., Mass. at the home of George Lewis..

Notes on Anthony Gilpin
Notes
Genealogical notes of Barnstable Families,
extracted from the Amos Otis Papers, revised by CF Swift, Volume 1.
Page not numbered but prievious page seems to be 126.
~~~~~~
Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s
about Anthony Gilpin
Name: Anthony Gilpin
Year: 1620-1650
Place: Barnstable, Massachusetts
Source Publication Code: 275
Primary Immigrant: Gilpin, Anthony
Annotation: Comprehensive listing of early immigrants, in various arrangements to assist the researcher. Pages 1-189 contain passenger lists; pages 193-295 are indexes.
Source Bibliography: BANKS, CHARLES EDWARD. Topographical Dictionary of 2885 English Emigrants to New England, 1620-1650. Edited, indexed and published by Elijah Ellsworth Brownell. Philadelphia: Bertram Press, 1937. 295p. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, 1957. Repr. 1987.
Page: 186
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In A Genealogical Dictionary of The First Settlers of New England, p. 258, Anthony Gilpin of Barnstable mentions William Hodges of Darnton, Yorkshire and his 5 sisters as heirs. In The Pioneers of Massachusetts, p. 234, under William Hodges of Taunton is mentioned "Will of Anthony Silpin of Barnstable, (Plym Prob lib II, p. 6).

my relatives:

2. George (Jr.) (Goodman) Lewis (George1) was born August 31, 1600 in Brenchley, Kent Co., England and died Before March 3, 1663/64 in Barnstable, Barnstable Co., MA. He married Mary Doggett About 1626 in England. She was born 1600 in Horsmonden, Kent, England and died After 1670 in Barnstable, Barnstable Co., MA, daughter of Thomas Doggett and Isabell Martine.
Other events in the life of George (Jr.) (Goodman) Lewis
Education : to see pictures of Brenchley, Kent, England:
Religion : http://www.villagenet.co.uk/highweald/villages/brenchley.php

3. Dolar (Dams?) Davis (Ichabod3, Rees or Reeze2, William1) was born 1593 in Bennefield, Northampton, England and died June 1673 in Barnstable, Banstable Co., MA. He married 1st Margery Williard March 29, 1624 in 1st Parish Church, E. Farleigh, Kent, England. She was born Before November 6, 1602 in Horsemonden, Kent, England and died 1673/1685 in Concord, Middlesex Co., MA, daughter of Richard Williard and Margaret Humphrey. He married 2nd Joanna Hull 1660/1663 in 2nd Barnstable, Banstable Co., MA. She was born 1620 in Devonshire, England and died 1686/1731 in Barnstable, Banstable Co., MA, daughter of Joseph Hull and Joane Peson.
Other events in the life of Dolar (Dams?) Davis
Burial : June 16, 1673 in Barnstable, Barnstable Co., MA.
Occupation : Carpenter & Master builder
Education : immigrated 1634
Other events in the life of Margery Williard
Christening : November 7, 1602 in Horsmonden, Kent, England

Nelda

My websites : http://freepages.folklore.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/