Subject: Re: [DNA] 23andMe Is Running a Special on the Ancestry Edition
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:11:55 EST

It's hard to tell which company's mtDNA / Y information was actually
portrayed on "Faces of America," since very little haplogroup and zero haplotype
information was included. But 23andMe's test does include mtDNA and Y
haplogroup assignments down to the subclade level. I wish Gates had been more
specific about Oz and Nichols' subclades -- but maybe that would have diluted the
message.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 3/10/2010 3:43:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> Just a minor correction on what "_StewE_" said...
>
> 23andMe did the autosomal testing for "Faces of America," but FTDNA did
> the
> Y-DNA and mtDNA testing for the show. Prof. Gates has a company,
> AfricanDNA,
> that is based at FTDNA (check out the company's street address):
> http://www.africandna.com/contact.aspx
>
> Diana

This thread: