From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 23andMe Is Running a Special on the Ancestry Edition
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:35:40 -0500

Ann,

I'm just parroting what Bennett Greenspan told me, that, for the "Faces of
America" series, they did the Y-DNA and mtDNA testing and 23andMe did the
autosomal testing.

The credits
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/facesofamerica/about/
do list Bennett as a "Scientific Advisor," and FTDNA, along with 23andMe, et
al., is credited under "DNA Testing and Analysis."

I'm finding both series, "Faces of America" and "Who do you think you are?" more
than a little lean on the kind of information most of us would like to have.
But the series isn't aimed at us, it's aimed at the general public, most of whom
have a little trap door in their brain that slams shut the instant you get
technical. For their intended audience, I think both series are at the right
level.

Diana

This thread: