From: "Mike" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 23andMe Is Running a Special on the Ancestry Edition
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:46:43 -0500

Yet, FTDNA is not immune to the problem of people not wishing to be contacted. While I can't speak for others, I personally have 2 FGS matches that have remained silent to contact requests, and other Y & mtDNa matches who have chosen not to provide their contact information when.

So, IMO, it is not fair to suggest that this problem is 23andMe's alone...

Further, I understand that FTDNA's Family Finder does not test to the extent that 23andMe's Relative Finder tests - example the X Chromosome where I have a sizable complete match with someone there, who does allow contact.

And also (just to be fair) I've had complete Y & mtDNA testing conducted by both companies...

Mike Z,