From: Vince Tilroe <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 23andMe Is Running a Special on the Ancestry Edition
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:44:41 -0700

Tim,

I guess I am one of the exceptions - I have 100% continental European
ancestry - all from immigrant ancestors within past 120 years (Dutch, German
and Polish) yet only have 51 RF matches, and just 5 of them are predicted to
be closer than 4th cousins, but only 2 of those have responded so far. Of
course all my direct immigrant ancestors came directly to Canada.

Vince Tilroe

On 10 March 2010 11:24, Tim Janzen <> wrote:

> Dear Bob,
> The last I heard there were about 30,000 people in 23andMe's
> database. Perhaps Ann Turner or someone who is more in the know can
> provide
> an updated number. There seem to be enough people in the database that
> most
> people of European ancestry have at least 100 matches in Relative Finder.
> Sincerely,
> Tim Janzen

This thread: