From: Jonathan Day <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genome work ushers in new genetic era
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:59:29 -0800 (PST)

Ok, I m officially confused. (Read: in my normal state of mind.) I ve seen claims that there were an average of 200 mutations per chromosome, which would make it impossible for there to be 30 mutations per parent unless the research I saw involved very unusual family dynamics. Or was wrong, or I m not understanding this new finding. Anyone got a better understanding of the data?