From: William Hurst <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re : Genographic Project
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:02:18 -0500

Hi Vince and Al and Didier and all,

Perhaps the greatest benefits from the Genographic Project are from those who copied their results to FTDNA and then upgraded. We have 187 members of the K Project who started at the Genographic Project who have ordered the full-sequence mtDNA test. Just think how many more might copy their results if Genographic would encourage them to do so or even provide more of a hint that it's possible than the "Learn More" link.

Bill Hurst

> But the samples are only valuable if someone does something useful
> with them.
>
> So far, both the quantity and quality of analysis coming from
> Genographic has been decidedly poor.
>
> I'm a Genographic public participant, so I am sympathetic to the goals
> of the project. The implementation has been unimpressive, so far.
>
> VV

This thread: