Subject: Re: [DNA] Re : Genographic Project
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:32:19 EST

I agree. The public participation part was not intended for in-depth
analysis, although it makes a "convenience sample" for some purposes. The mtDNA
collection has proven useful to me when I look for the frequency of a mutation
in different haplogroups, for instance. It has also personalized the
concepts of genetics for many people. The indigenous portion of the project will
be more systematic and extensive, and if I'm reading between the lines
correctly, may include some autosomal analysis.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 3/11/2010 9:35:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> The 50000 samples from indigenous people is invaluable though, for the
> record! Without his effort this data may never have been collected. I
> say thanks Spencer Wells for your efforts!

This thread: