From: RThrift <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] GENEALOGY-DNA Digest, Vol 5, Issue 237
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:38:02 -0800

I am disappointed at the number of people on this list and similar lists who have expressed their sense of entitlement by whining such comments as "If they aren't going to contact their 23andMe relative finder contacts, why did they ever spend so much money on a test in the first place?"

There has been an awful lot of such whining here. To people who feel a sense of entitlement, having proven relatives who have quite different interests is disappointing. Same with people who don't have a sense of entitlement, but the latter don't whine about it.

Richard Thrift
___
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:00:32 -0500
From: Vincent Vizachero <>

To people who are interested in genealogy, having potential relatives be uninterested is disappointing. That would not appear to be a hard concept to grasp.

VV
___
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:51:07 -0500
From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>

I'm not disappointing you, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Stop expecting a response, and you will cease being disappointed.

Diana
___
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:04:20 -0500
From: "Roberta Estes" <>

Disappointment and entitlement is vastly different.

Roberta
___
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:05:41 -0500
From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>

I tested at 23andMe entirely for medical reasons. I have zero interest in contacting cousins there, so I find this sense of "entitlement" to getting responses from cousins a bit annoying.
___

This thread: