From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re : Genographic Project
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:48:30 -0600

The Public Participation Project was initially just a money-raiser for the
Genographic Legacy Fund (and other projects) . The Indigenous Project itself
was already fully funded. They later decided to ask some questions about
origins, so that they could use the database for migration studies. I have
not really followed the project in the last few years, so I don't know what
they are currently doing with it.

Bob Stafford

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Ken Nordtvedt <>wrote:

> It remains to be seen if any quality analysis can be made of such
> mini-haplotypes.
> This project by not doing state of the art investigation risks by its
> existence reducing chances that a quality projecty of that kind and goals
> will take place now any time soon.

This thread: