From: "robert mclaren" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re : Genographic Project
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:20:28 -0500

Ken,

For those who test through the public participation project for the
Genographic Project, their samples will be saved until the project is
complete. At that time, the samples will be destroyed. Only if the public
participant elects to join Family Tree DNA will his/her DNA sample be
saved. As for those who first tested through Family Tree DNA and then
later transferred their DNA results to the Genographic Project, only the
results were transferred. Family Tree DNA still have their DNA and it is
being saved. The only way a sample at Family Tree DNA would be destroyed
is if the owner of the DNA sample requests the destruction of the sample.

Yours aye,

Bob McLaren