From: Stephen Forrest <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Blood of the Irish DVD
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:42:27 -0500

Well, I know this was meant in jest, but I understand there was a period
after the receding of the glaciers following the Last Glacial Maximum during
which sea levels were sufficiently low for Ireland to be connected to
Britain, and Britain in turn connected to the continent. I don't know
long-lived the Ireland-Britain bridge(s) would have been, but in any case
the human populations extant then (all H. sapiens) would have been capable
of making it over in boats anyway.

Steve