Subject: Re: [DNA] Genome work ushers in new genetic era- how can we minenew data?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 01:58:02 +0000 (UTC)

I think that there will be some R1b takers for the $5000 genome, but does anybody know how successfully the $5000 tests will sequence the Y? Some of the earlier technologies aren't successful with large portions of the Y.

I really like some of your ideas, and I think that when it's clear that the desired technology is available at the prices being discussed, people will work to implement them.

Kirsten