Subject: Re: [DNA] GENEALOGY-DNA Digest, Vol 5, Issue 237
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:07:54 -0500

The world has moved on from "the age of enlightenment" to "the age of
entitlement" in only 200 years or so.

I once heard Quintin Skinner tell a story about a bright
American student from Harvard in his Cambridge seminar who did not
like him. The
student said, 'I would remind Prof. Skinner that Irony is not
Argument'. He (Quintin Skinner) told the story with delight and
appreciation.
Do you suppose there is an irony gene that is concentrated in the UK
and an argument gene for the US? Surely did enjoy your quip, Ken.
Rebecca

-----OriginFrom: Ken Nordtvedt <>