From: tewilder <>
Subject: [DNA] Family Finder DNA saga
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:01:15 -0600

When I ordered the Family Finder test, I was told that there was DNA on
hand to do it.

But today in the mail box there was an envelope from FTDNA asking for
scrapings for two more vials (beyond the five they already have from me).

Also there was a letter saying that "If you ordered the Family Finder
test, please note that this test requires far more DNA than any other
test we run, and that it is very important to obtain the best quality
sample possible."

Also there are new instructions saying that you should chew on your
cheek for a while before doing the scraping to enhance the sample.

This thread: