Subject: [DNA] CORRECTION mtDNA mutation T3398C - Is it good or bad ?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:15:32 -0800

Hi, Ian. Could you clarify please? I'm not sure how to read a
minority allele versus a majority allele for mitochondrial results.
In the mtDNA SNP reporting formats A3397G & T3398C, which base
indicates the majority allele & which the minority allele (first base
majority & 2nd base minority?). 23andMe reports both of these
positions. I have A & T - are these the majority alleles for those
positions?? Thanks,
Pat

> Substitutions of a highly conserved Met31 in ND1 caused by
> rare mitochondrial single nucleotide polymorphisms (mtSNP) A3397G
> and T3398C were identified from
> two LVNC patients.

This thread: