From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Are the testing companies being guided to invest inthewrongthings for genealogy?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 14:57:42 +0100

Dear John

As I mentioned in my mail I also understand that the companies are handling
a complex world, sometimes very cleverly, and indeed I almost didn't post
because I was concerned that if I mention FT DNA it might sound directed at
them when in fact they are by far doing the best job in handling this
situation.

(But as you say, there are some almost "no brainer" priorities, which could
be instituted which would bring win-win results with a high degree of
liklihood and low relative effort.)

One reason for deciding finally to post here is indeed because just writing
to FT DNA is not meaningful if there are hundreds of other people writing to
them demanding more investment in autosomal testing (which I have also had
done).

It is us, the community, who need to think about this also.

The projects us admins are running are basically funded by genealogists.

Best Regards
Andrew

---