From: tewilder <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Are the testing companies being guided to invest in the,wrong things for genealogy?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:41:40 -0600

For now, the only type of testing that is doing or has done me any good
for genealogical purposes is autosomal testing at 23andMe.

The reason is simple. It is the only testing that uncovers information
that is so widely shared that it is even shared by other people who are
also doing testing and might be and sometimes are related to me in a
genealogical way.

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:33:39 +0100
> From: "Lancaster-Boon"<>
> Subject: [DNA] Are the testing companies being guided to invest in the
> wrongthings for genealogy?
> To:<>

> For now, Y DNA is the only type of testing which will consistently help a
> genealogist. There is a lot more we can do with Y DNA, and much of what we
> can do has been obvious now for years.
>
> Comments?
>
> Best Regards
> Andrew