From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FW: Genome work ushers in new genetic era- howcan we mine new data?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:42:47 -0500

My hope is that in 10 years, Y-SNPs will be the way that families put
together their patrilineal trees in surname projects. The process
really won't be a whole lot different that what we see today.

The main difference will be that there are a lot more potential SNPs,
each of which is much less likely to mutate.

VV

On Mar 13, 2010, at 9:33 AM, Sandy Paterson wrote:

> Whereas I have some knowledge of Y-STR analysis, my understanding of
> SNP's
> is vague, and I'm trying to get a handle on what may lie ahead in the
> context of full genome analysis.

This thread: