From: "Ron Long" <>
Subject: [DNA] Ocular Albinism
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:04:11 -0600

Thank you John and Richard. You are quite right about the possibility of the gene being passed from female to female. I suppose I ignored the possibility because that isn't the way it happened in my particular case. Anyway that does make it a more cumbersome tool for genealogy. However in my case I know the gene was passed from my great-grandmother, and I know nothing of her father, and only the first name of her mother. I've exhausted ordinary research methods.

So there's a good possibility that a database of genealogies of persons with Ocular Albinism might help me. So I'm back to my original question. If there isn't such a group already, how do I get such a group going.

I should probably also ask if it's a workable idea.

This thread: