From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Are the testing companies investing in the wrong thingsforgenealogy
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:39:25 +0100

Lindsay

I have very good news for you. There has been a boom in interest in
genealogy in the UK, due to a series called "Who do you think you are?"
which now has an American version. Full credit to FT DNA for jumping on that
important band wagon. I might just be dreaming, but I believe I have felt
some opening up of attitudes in the UK. Keep trying!

Best Regards
Andrew

------
Subject: Re: [DNA] Are the testing companies investing in the wrong
thingsfor genealogy
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:28:35 EST

I'd like to see more emphasis on genealogy; however, the main problem for
many genealogists researching surname ancestry has little to do with DNA
tests in production or planning and everything to do with lack of
participation from the British Isles in particular. Finding American cousins
is nice,
but I think everyone in my Britton project wants to get back to England
and we are unlikely to achieve that goal without participation from the UK.

This thread: