From: John German <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ocular Albinism
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:28:58 -0500

Have you posed your question on the NOAH boards at
http://www.albinism.org/ ?

The problem I see with your idea is finding enough OA people interested
in genealogy.

I don't have any ancestors that I know were albino or even OA, but
obviously some had to be carriers. So perhaps I got my condition from my
mother's X chromosome, but it would seem the condition would have
appeared before. I suspect my problem is carried on an autosominal
chromosome and carried by both of my parents that finally appeared in me
because my parents are second cousins.