From: John Ritchings <>
Subject: [DNA] British Genealogy
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:23:15 +0000

Greetings

I have been involved with several US groups and organisations which
sought to have UK citizens take DNA tests. There are in my
perception several reasons why there is a reluctance: Cost. There is
no personal benefit for themselves. Revealing family secrets. How
the information will be stored and used.

On the other hand the US researchers sometimes present a less than
professional approach which puts off any idea of participating. A
complete lack of understanding of UK and European history to absolute
farcical levels and an unwillingness to learn is not unusual.

Regards

John

Message: 11