From: "Irish III DNA" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Clades, Definitions, Discoveries, FTDNA
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:29:21 +1100

Bonnie wrote:-

<snip>
The latest example is M359, found in some 23andMe results. As long as there is nothing 'wrong' with this SNP, i.e., it isn't part
of an STR or anything like that, it should become M359.3 in J2a, which will be a subclade directly downstream of M410. I predict
that it will turn out to be upstream of P279, and then we'll really have to get creative about how to rename the J2a clades! I'm
thinking it might work best to call M359 J2a3, and P279, J2a3a, to avoid having to rename everything else.
<snip>

Why should Haploclade 'J' be any different from the rest of us in having to adjust to revised naming of the various clades every few
months?
Take those in Haploclade 'R' with the M222+ SNP. From its discovery and through the 2006-7 ISOGG tree they were R1b1c7.
With the finding of new SNPs upstream they became R1b1b2a1b6b in the ISOGG 2008 tree and in the ISOGG 2009-10 tree they are now
R1b1b2a1a2f2.

The 'R' folks are now usually referring to this haplogroup as R-M222, certainly much easier to remember.

Perhaps you could start calling your new clade, J-M359

Dennis Wright
R-L226

This thread: