From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] The tree house definition (was: Clades, Definitions,Discoveries, FTDNA)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 23:18:34 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Angela Cone" <>

> We need definitions to make sure that people are talking about the same
> thing. [[ Well sure ]]

[[ It was established that we were talking about:

clades = collections of descendants from single
sources/founders/MRCAs/origins

Specifically, collections of y haplotypes descended from single ancestral y
haplotypes (the founders or MRCAs)

I really don't think you should try to brush under the rug fundamental
disagreements on essential things by ascribing it to misunderstandings with
words or definitions,
unless you are really sure you can explain that fully that's the case.
Bringing and sharpening authentic disagreement on essential things to the
light of day, if they exist, is really the guts of useful scientific
discussion. Ken ]]

This thread: