Subject: [DNA] English genealogy
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:31:27 EDT

Viking, Angle / Saxon / Jute, Briton, Roman soldier - that is what excites
most Britons. Is the G2 found in "amazing" percentages near the sites of
ancient Roman castra a mere coincidence?

Then I need to make more of this interest at my Britton project. So far,
I've been using Haplogroup mainly as an aid in locating the likely origin
of Britton families. For my family, which belongs to a small I1 subgroup
with coalescence age of 1200 years and only one known non-English match in
Sweden, I'm thinking Danish or possibly Norman is most likely.

For the majority, which are R1b, then the odds say southwest England where
the Britton name is most common.

Lindsey

This thread: