Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy--Ancestry projects
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:43:41 EDT

I always suggest that participants test first as individuals and compare
their results to others, before joining our project (at Ancestry).

project members to pay one.

At Family Tree those who order tests are automatically enrolled, but I
could offer to suppress DNA results until we know whether members match the
families they are supposed to match.

At both companies, however, results become part of the database whether
or not they are posted by the project, and those who have concerns about
privacy may object to this practice as much as anything else.

Lindsey

This thread: