From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: [DNA] privacy
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:46:34 -0400

If someone is ultra-concerned about privacy, I allow them to join my project as
"Anonymous SURNAME" (using real surname). The kit is mailed to me, I sign the
release, then I mail the kit to them. I'm the contact email, and the kit is
paid for from the project's General Fund. There is utterly no way the kit can
be traced back to them, unless they waterboard me -- fair warning, I will cave
*instantly*. I discourage people from being tested this way. I try, instead,
to allay their fears. But I've had several key people get tested this way, ones
who simply would not have agreed to be tested, otherwise.

But, I wonder... Does FTDNA really object to removing a subject's results from
their database? Has anyone actually requested it and been refused?

Diana

<snip>
> At both companies, however, results become part of the
> database whether or not they are posted by the project,
> and those who have concerns about privacy may object
> to this practice as much as anything else.
>
> Lindsey

This thread: