From: "Jerry L. Ivey" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy--Ancestry projects
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:02:30 -0400

The price increase referenced may have been for the myFamily service, rather than for an Ancestry.Com account. The myFamily service can be viewed as a "front-end" to the family trees at Ancestry.Com. When a user in myFamily "Imports a Tree", a link is created to the tree in Ancestry.Com, but the tree is still maintained on the Ancestry.Com site.

The new pricing is for the myFamily Groups. It has to be paid only by one person within a Group. This price is separate from fees for Ancestry.Com which are required in order to build trees.