From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] conversion factors
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:09:10 -0500

The SMGF and Y-Search pages should be ignored for Y-GATA-H4, although
technically, they are right, since it applies to Y-GATA-H4.1. NIST/ISOGG
calls the marker Y-GATA-H4. I suspect the reason is that it should be
grandfathered, since it is included as such in the NIST Standard and
commonly-used panels.

Sorenson Genomics recently went back to the NIST standard, instead of the
ISGF standard. This applies to Ancestry, DNAH, and some other firms who
test there. FTDNA, according to a post here, has committed to the
NIST/ISOGG nomenclature, so will, presumably, add 1 to the UofA results. The
Advanced Lab at FTDNA is already compliant with the NIST Standard.

Bob Stafford