From: Larry Vick <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Alleged Ancestry Project Fee
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 14:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

Bill,

While we use World Families for our VICK Y-DNA Surname Project website, almost all of our project members test at FTDNA.  However, having an Ancestry group allows us to have a presence at Ancestry.  We won't refuse a person who wants to be part of our project just because they didn't test at FTDNA.  I would hate to miss someone who could bring something valuable to our project or for whom we could provide something valuable.

I am glad Ancestry realizes charging for DNA projects would not be in its best interest.

Regards,

Larry