From: Johnna St Clair <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy - and bastards
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:41:07 -0400

Hi Bart and List:

I read your post below with interest. Just wanted to add a little bit
to this regarding a recent clue about my father's mysterious adoption.

Unfortunately, we are not sure if he was technically a bastard :-) , as
we do not have any info on his adoption situation.

Two weeks ago, I received a notification from FTDNA that he has a
36/37yDNA marker match with a man with the Clark surname. This is the
very first good clue we have ever found. He was adopted in New York
State, which you may know is the black hole of adoption records and also
genealogy in general.

This match is very interesting because his adoptive paternal grandmother
was a Clark. Now I just have to find some of those Clarks to test.

Johnna St. Clair