From: "Irish III DNA" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y-DNA clade naming
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:17:12 +1100

Belinda wrote:-

<snip>

Dennis, M222 will only stay M222 until someone discovers a mutation
downstream of it. They haven't yet, but that's not say it won't happen.
Look what's happened to M269.

While there is likely to be further SNPs discovered both before and after M222, M222* people will remain R-M222*. That is, they
have tested ALL SNPs below and found them to be negative.

I was R-M269* for several years, then R-P312*, then R-L21*. (I tested every available SNP below which were negative giving me the
'*'.
This is refining and identifying the clusters already suggested by STR marker signatures.
At last our cluster has a SNP and I am R-L226. I believe any SNPs found below L226 will be private ones.

Dennis

This thread: