GENEALOGY-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2010-03 > 1268743575

From: Daniel Jenkins <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:46:15 +0000
References: <SNT114-W19719A74C7E80AD82847EF852D0@phx.gbl>,<927574.45355.qm@web25904.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>
In-Reply-To: <927574.45355.qm@web25904.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>

I will see if I can follow the line down its male side to possible current descendants .

Dan Jenkins
> Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:31:57 +0000
> From:
> Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
> Thanks for the input Dan
> Yes getting a known descendant of Isaac to join the Stedman DNA project is one of our goals, I suspect we have some unknown ones there already.
> I don't think he explains the presence of my haplotype in America though, my Sted matches are much further south in the US, but also my family comes from Shropshire the opposite side of the country to Kent and were well entrenched in the area, my most MDKA would have been born around 1540, but we have Steds documented in the absolute immediate area going back to before 1256
> --- On Tue, 16/3/10, Daniel Jenkins <> wrote:
> From: Daniel Jenkins <>
> Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
> Date: Tuesday, 16 March, 2010, 11:00
> If it helps anyone , the earliest Stedman/Steadman I know of was Issac who was at Scituate , Mass, by 1637 .
> I found and verified his marriage to Elizabeth Winchester at Tenterden , Kent , England on 26 Oct. 1629 .
> Somewhere I have an image of the register entry and a letter from Canterbury Cath. verifying the entry .
> This fills in a blank in Torrys .
> Isaac sold his mill at Scituate and removed to Muddy River[Brookline ] .
> I have other info. on him also .
> Dan Jenkins
> > Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:36:35 +0000
> > From:
> > To:
> > Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
> > You will have to excuse a slight level of mirth from this side of the pond regarding this thread.
> > Being a Brit who has spent the last year trying to track down Americans willing to get involved with DNA testing to help explain how my line ended up over there, and possibly knocking down a few 'long lineages' along the way, I can assure you this is not just a problem with Brits.
> > BTW if anybody out there knows of a WV Stedman/Steadman who may be willing to partisipate in DNA testing let me know.
> > --- On Mon, 15/3/10, Sam Sloan <> wrote:
> > From: Sam Sloan <>
> > Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
> > To:
> > Date: Monday, 15 March, 2010, 16:57
> > On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM, <> wrote:
> > >
> > > One reason Brits do not want to participate is because they are afraid DNA
> > > testing is going to disprove their lineage. I offered to pay for a DNA
> > > test for a Philipps line that I would especially like to identify and got
> > > this response yesterday:
> > >
> > >
> > > *********************
> > I have no objection if it turns out that I am a bastard, as that is
> > what everyone says that I am anyway.
> > Sam Sloan
> > -------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> > -------------------------------
> _________________________________________________________________
> Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_1

_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.