From: peter spencer <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] S28 SNP - The ''Latin'' R1b
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:35:55 -0500

David-

I do beleive that even your own research concludes that the Welsh Anglesey
populations R1b sample is 20% U-152.

This is a critical population as its the largest Welsh island, and
importantly it was the center of Druid worship targeted by the Roman
occupation forces.

The lsland was conquered beggining in the 13th century by non-romano british
forces (saxons, normans, vikings) which may account for the S21 found in
large quantities as well.

You state that anglesley is indicative of the 'isle of angles', which sounds
fully plausible until you consider that this is not the conclusion of
linguists at all-

"The English name Anglesey is in fact derived from the Old Norse, meaning
'Ongull's Island'. The alternative "isle (ey) of the Angles" is
discredited."

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Anglesey

In fact, by the time anglesley is pryed from the control of Romano-british
self-determination, the concept of angles, saxons, jutes, are no longer
pertinent to 13th century english peoples.