Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:27:43 +1100

Hi Peter
I found your post very interesting, and made my own Yorkshire case even more unusual.I was amazed when I confirmed a DNA match with a suspected extremely distant relative, with a variation of my uncommon surname of Medley, ( the family originated around Methley in Yorkshire)the DNA indicated a common ancestor about 700 years ago which is what we expected. What we didn't expect was the I2b1 Isles S subclade, indicating our paternal family existence well before the Romans, and probably the Celts.I wasn't aware of the Norman actions so now I am even more surprised.
Regards
Steve