From: Charles Hollenbeck <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] conversion factors
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:34:02 -0700

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Diana Gale Matthiesen
<>wrote:

> I just noticed on the SMGF conversion table: ...
> that it shows a difference of one for GATA H4.1 between FTDNA and most
> other
> labs, including Ancestry.com.
> In comparing the Ancestry.com results pages individuals have sent me with
> my
> FTDNA members' results, the factor would appear to be 11.
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> Diana

Diana,

Ancestry.com used to add 11 to the H4 values of FTDNA customers who joined
their surname/etc. groups. The aim was to bring them into alignment with
the standards
that Ancestry used. The Ancestry.com results you mention must be from
before
Ancestry adjusted their counting/reporting method. As I recall, for FTDNA
testees
there were 4 STR's (including H4) that were adjusted by Ancestry.

Charlie

This thread: