From: "Jerry L. Ivey" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ancestry Projects
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 20:14:22 -0400

There's an additional wrinkle here, in that if you have been a part of a DNA group at Ancestry.Com and had an account at dna.ancestry.com and groups.ancestry.com to access an Ancestry.Com DNA group, you can also access it via the "new" myfamily.com interface. So in a way the upcoming fee for myfamily.com access could be considered to have "something to do" with the DNA groups.

However, I would guess that a majority of the people who have been a part of the dna.ancestry.com and groups.ancestry.com will continue to access the DNA projects in the same manner and not use the myfamily.com access. If the DNA project admin or someone in the group pays for the myfamily.com access, there are some positive advantages to the use of the myfamily.com access.