From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:57:36 -0400

Jerry,

I would not put descent from a Mayflower passenger in the same class as "Indian
Princess" legends. There are *millions* of Americans who have proven that
descent:
http://www.themayflowersociety.com/

I have New England ancestry, but I have yet to prove a Mayflower connection.
However, I do have a connection to Princess Diana, via her New England
ancestors:
http://dgmweb.net/LinComp/Diana-Tracy.shtml

Roberts & Reitwiesner (1984), in their " American Ancestors and Cousins of The
Princess of Wales," estimate that some 20 million Americans are cousins of the
late princess.

Diana

This thread: