From: Steven Bird <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:17:04 -0400

Maybe, Diana, but there's "proved" and there's PROVED. ;-) To join the Mayflower Society one has to practically jump through fiery hoops of primary documentary proof. Even after I knew the line was there and for real it took me over a year to assemble to primary documentation required for the Society membership. In 2005, my (new) membership ID number was near the 75,000 mark. It could be a bit higher now, but the proved lines are not nearly in the millions.

Steve

> Jerry,
>
> I would not put descent from a Mayflower passenger in the same class as "Indian
> Princess" legends. There are *millions* of Americans who have proven that
> descent:
> http://www.themayflowersociety.com/

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/

This thread: