Subject: [DNA] OT How many races are there?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:35:41 EDT

I wonder if anyone here can answer my question: how many races are there?

Those who are living in the USA probably have received the US census form.

On it are listed races such as Japanese, Asian Indian, Chinese, Filipino,
Korean, Vietnamese, Native Hawaiian, Guamanian, Chamorro, Samoan, other
Asian and other Pacific Islander. There is also White, Black, African Am or
Negro, American Indian or Alaskan Native.

I must have slept through some class (either sociology or anthropology) or
missed reading articles on this because I didn't know there so many races.

Thanks.
Nora

This thread: