From: "Doug Turner" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] OT How many races are there?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:09:26 -0500

That is a good question.

There is actually only one race, the human race. "Races" that are often
defined as red, yellow, white or black, are based on individual differences
in the amount of skin pigmentation which all human beings have, but in
different gradations. Other physical differences appear in infinite variety
and combination.

I believe the US census form is a combination of US racial
self-consciousness, political correctness, and a desire to please everyone
in the allocation of tax money to self-perceived racial groups.

Doug Turner