From: John Lerch <>
Subject: [DNA] re How many races
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 0:17:53 -0400

At present there are over 6 billion races in the world. As it is written, "the race is not to the swift...".
6 billion is as good a number as any. People used to classify anyone who wasn't from around their own neighborhood as a savage. So even though many of the inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent are pretty closely related to European, they were discriminated against as much as other dark races.

Nora wrote

I must have slept through some class (either sociology or anthropology) or
missed reading articles on this because I didn't know there so many races.

Thanks.
Nora

This thread: