From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ancestry.com to FTDNA Thanks!
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:20:11 -0500

Ancestry allows people to select anonymous, in which case, they will not
show up in a surname search. They will show up as a match, though.

It is pretty easy to contact those on the surname list. You just click on
their name. This leads to the brokered email and comparisons so you can get
their haplotype. However, as Nancy noted, there does not seem to be a very
good response rate for some reason. I would have thought that Ancestry
customers would be more interested in genealogy.

Bob Stafford