Subject: Re: [DNA] English genealogy
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:05:04 EDT

From: marianne dillow <>

I don't think so Ken. I did FGS with FTDNA and my father and mother's
surnames and my Graves line but never did the 23 and me stuff like so many
have.? I still don't have a FGS match with the exact results in the control
region. I still only match myself.LOL !!

Unless we get something going about the Virginians vs the Mayflower
Society, That might be a blast.. ? HAHA !!

Marianne Dillow.

***************************************

I don't know about your Graves line, but some Graves descendants are
eligible for the Jamestowne Society, which would be Virginia's equivalent of
the Mayflower Society.

But we don't have to get anything going about Virginians vs the Mayflower
Society. After all, we came first, years before the Mayflower arrived.
Yet, isn't it strange that when most people talk about the founding of this
country, they talk about the Mayflower and not the settlement of Jamestowne
in 1607?

As one of the more recent books on the subject explains, Jamestowne set
the model for successful English colonisation in the New World. Everyone
else learned from our mistakes--and our solutions.

Lindsey

This thread: