From: Jennifer Hochschild <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] OT How many races are there?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:35:42 -0400

actually, the funds distributed by the federal government using census
data (about $435 billion in FY 2007) depend on the number of people in a
given geographic area, and sometimes on their income or other
characteristic (e.g. disability). The funds are NOT distributed
according to race or ethnicity, however defined. So, Ken, by filling out
your census form you do indeed help the local cause.

JH

--
Jennifer L. Hochschild
Harvard University